Application for Arbitrator
Application for Arbitrator
Guideline of Applying Arbitrators
(I) Domestic Applicants
1. Fulfill the legal requirements set forth in Article 13 of the Arbitration Law of the People's Republic of China;
2. Dedicated to arbitration business, fair and neutral, able to independently undertake arbitration cases and guarantee deadlines for handling cases during the appointment period;
3. Subject to no criminal punishment, no record of serious warning or disciplinary sanction due to CPC discipline or serious demerit in the past eight years, and no bad credit record;
4. Healthy, not aged over 65 (the age limit for current expert arbitrators of domestic and overseas arbitration institutes may be loosened accordingly);
5. Applicants from different occupations or regions shall also meet the following conditions:
(1) Staff of arbitration institutions, obtaining a national legal professional qualification certificate, with eight full years of arbitration work experience;
(2) Lawyer, holding the post of chief lawyer, deputy chief lawyer or partner, or having work experience in foreign-related legal affairs;
(3) Retired or resigned judges, having worked as a judge for more than eight years with civil and commercial trial experience of more than five years;
(4) Personnel engaged in legal research and teaching, having the title of associate professor or associate researcher or above, and the in-service personnel shall be subject to the approval of the entity where they work;
(5) Professional personnel engaged in economy and trade, etc., having senior titles and master's degrees or above related to economics and trade, etc.
(II) Foreign Applicants
1. Currently serving as arbitrator in overseas arbitration institution(s);
2. Having professional knowledge and practical work experience in such fields as law, economy and trade, investment, finance, securities, construction engineering, intellectual property, maritime and marine affairs, etc.;
3. Subject to no criminal punishment and no bad credit record;
4. Healthy, not aged more than 65(the age limit for expert arbitrators may be loosened appropriately).
II. The following materials shall be submitted in applying for an arbitrator of HIAC
1. File with 2-inch bareheaded Photo in blue background.
2. Identification materials such as ID Card, Passport, Diploma Certificates, Practice Certificates, title certificates, major academic or research achievements (publication information shall be noted) and other materials in electronical version.
3. The serving officers and retired judges shall submit a written document or recommendation letter affixed with the seal of their work unit confirming the consent to their acts as arbitrators.
III. Contact Information
Address: 12/F, Penghui International Mansion, No. 20 Heping Avenue, Haikou, Hainan Province
Contact person: Lianjie Li
Telephone: 86 898-68583503
E-mail: lilianjie@ hnac.org.cn